Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sports Week

This culture astounds me , once again, with it's focus on children. This week all the kids are out of school, not daycare but kindergarten and up. It is call "Sports week" or something like that. All the children (and parents with school age schildren) take the week off to do winter sports. Most popular is skiing, stating, ice hockey and sledding. But, I have seen ice fishing and ice curling as well. I don't think it matters what sport, it is just a week for kids to do sports with their families (or on their own if they are older).

Also, there is a guy that snowplows the courtyard in front of our house. I saw his daughter was with him in the cab area where you drive it. I thought how great it is that he could take his daughter to work with him if needed (we got alot of snow last night), and it is no big deal. In the U.S. that would so not happen that she would be "on the snowplow" with him because of "liability issues". What a crock!

Sidenote: today is my birthday! I am 38! I think this is exciting and I will embrace it, even though 40 is just around the corner. How did I get to be almost 40? I don't feel it. But, I do feel that so far has been a very rich and eventful life, so I think this year will be as well. I hope...

Yasmiene

1 Comments:

Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

Happy Happy birthday!

or as my trusty dictionary says
"glad fodelsedag!"
I am sure that it doesn't translate properly, but am I proper??

Glad you guys are back in cyberland!
JMB

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home