Sunday, March 18, 2007

Corrections and Observations

Hello. It's your favorite family in Sweden. I know it has been quite awhile since I've said anything in the blog, so I'll catch up right now. Where to begin?

Talk about the weather? Always a good conversation starter. The cold weather seems to have departed and the wet winds of spring are upon us. It has been a mild 5-10 degrees Celcius most days and the sun has been shining until this weekend. The city seems to be waking up from its dark slumber. I figure that when daylight savings comes (not as early as those damn Americans!) spring will truely be in full effect. There are a few shoots already poking through the damp ground and I'm wondering what they will bring. Daffodils? The rabbits have been slow to return from their burrows, but are now out munching on the grass near our balcony. Rowan is particularly fond of watching them nibble nearby.

Rowan is now somewhat self-sufficient and understands most of what we tell him. He is helpful by bringing plates to the sink to be washed, by telling us what he wants ("apple" is all he really says for almost everything), and by annoying his sister. Ok. The last isn't the most helpful, and he is becoming quite good at it. It doesn't happen all the time, just when Saniya is tired and all she needs is a little something to push her over the edge. Like today.

We were going to go swimming at Husbybadet, but when we got there we found out that it was closed. So back on the subway to go to another swimming place, Eriksdalsbadet. The window of opportunity was closing as we approached the Skanstull metro exit. It was the little things at first. Saniya's inability to sit in her seat, the need for constant attention, and some whining that fortold of (drum roll please) the "I'M FOUR, TIRED, AND CAN'T COPE MELTDOWN". I'll spare you the details, but in summary, "ANNOYING AS HELL WHINING, COMBINED WITH ANNOYING AS HELL WHINING". I'm sure most of you have experienced this before. That was only the ending. The beginning was full of fun and cuteness so it has to be forgiven. Upon returning home, Yaz remarked that it would be great to have a kid remote. I'll agree with her. To be able to fastforward, and pause would be 2 nice features to have sometimes. Wasn't there a movie about that?

Rob

....ugh, ugh.....excuse me Rob and readers, Yasmiene here. I just found this in the draft section of the blog. I do have to say that my partner is such a procrastinator this entry might sit there and be revised for a week or two or three. So, I am taking the initiative to sign his name and post it. Ok, Rob, now feel free to continue in another entry.

Your loving expediter,
Yasmiene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home