Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Ready or not, here it comes....

Recently, I had an epiphany. Actually, it was from my friend, Kori, who relayed when her kids were small and having a really trying period, in retrospect, it was the precursor to a big developmental leap. Well, I concur and feel we are now just coming out of a really trying month with Rowan. It just felt so exhausting. When in this kind of a trying time, one can't really put their finger on just what it is. It feels challenging, but it feels like everyday is hard, and I would say, "maybe this is how it is now". But now as I look back I realize, "that was sooooooooo hard and it was all about the development that he has just accomplished". So, in the last month; he is talking and repeating back almost all the words you say to him, he moved to a big bed from a crib, he is all of a sudden able to really be balanced, began jumping and maneuvering himself in a way that he could not do even two weeks ago. I was at the playground yesterday and I felt like I could sit from across the play area and see him and not have to be really helping him at all. THAT IS SO HUGE! I feel like I have a different son. It is weird how fast they grow. I know that is cheesy, but really I feel it at the moment. So, to all of you that are in the midst of a "what the hell is this" and "what is going on" phase with your young'uns. It will pass and it is all about them pushing you to realize they are going to the next level, whether you are ready for them to or not.

So, I guess my lesson-to-self this week is that when I want to scream and run out of the house, it is just one of my children teaching me where they are at now, instead of where I thought they were. Great eye opener.
Yasmiene




1 Comments:

Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

cute, cute, cute!!! What if the hard month...seems a lot longer??? And the are 4, and when they have a time out...they shout all the bad words that they know....
like
Stupid, bad, boy, baby, butt.
Yes, kickin' it 'ol skool.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home