Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Let's see.....

Let's just do a little update. It has been awhile. Rob's mom just left and we had a good visit. Seeing family is so important for kids to help them understand the outer world and their identity in it. Rob and I definitely feel the passing of the torch. We have become our parents, and our parents are the grandparents that come and are jolly, bring treats and extra fun! It is interesting to be reminded of the full circle of life. I think back to my times with my grandparents and relive it a bit when I see Saniya and Rowan with Mary or my Dad.

Rob is working a lot. He is excited about his experiments of late. So, that is good, but annoying as the partner that is picking up the kid slack. Rowan is still kind of a hand full. He is the middle of the toddler tantrum phase. He is exactly like those Huggies commercials where they look cute cruising around. Oh, but the farce of TV land. Really though, it is all manageable and we are healthy. That is the most important.

On that note, I kept Saniya home from school yesterday to go to the doctor. There have open hours everyday and you take your child then, instead of making an appointment. The wait was an hour. What a pain. Ok, so Saniya has been saying she needs to use the bathroom constantly for a few weeks. So, I thought I would check for an infection. The tests were negative and she is fine. But, I am reminded of her age, in that she is discovering gender differences and is really into her bodily functions. The doctor reminded me this is very normal for her age. We, then had to have a long talk about not saying you need to go to the bathroom if you are bored with what is going on at the time when we are out. Ahhhh, the perils of parenting.

We are off to Grinda, a small island in the archipelago, this weekend. We have a cottage there. It is a 1 km x 3 km island with no cars, beaches and lots of walking paths. We are excited to take the ferry there and just relax. There are cafes to eat in, or the cottage has a kitchen so we can cook if needed. Sounds perfect. Here are some pixs.

http://www.coolphotos.de/schweden/grinda/index.html

This site is German, I found a better site for pixs a few weeks ago, but can't find it now. That is how it goes.

One last thing is that today is National Sweden Day. Yeah! It is a new holiday (the last three years), but is to celebrate themsleves. These people have more holidays, I tell ya. Anyways, there is traditional dancing and singing in the old square in Gamla Stan (the old town), so we are going to check that out. Also, the park near us has lots of kids activities so we may get over there to check that out as well. We'll keep you posted on how it was.

Ok, check with you all later.

Yasmiene

1 Comments:

Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

Ooooooo, I am so jealous...I was reading about that island and I totally wanted to live there...tell me how it is!

Sam has been all about the bathroom issues too....driving me NUTS!

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home