Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More pixs?....you got it, with an Easter twist!


First off, I want to wish everyone Happy Easter. In Sweden, it is call "Glad Påsk". This interesting "tree", in the picture above, is an Easter tradition here. They take a bushel of branches and tie colored or white feathers to the end. This is our rendition. Sooooo lovely! Easter is a major holiday in Sweden. It is similar to Thanksgiving in that everything is closed for at least four days and most people take the entire week off. This break is called, "Påsklov".

Here is my birthday party! I just turned 39. Rob, Saniya and Rowan made a fabulous german chocolate cake from scratch. Yum, yum! Happy Birthday in Swedish is "Glad Fogelsdagen!"

Saniya skating a Kungstragården, downtown Stockholm. It is the last week before they removed the skating rinks around the city. This is on one of our Thursday outings where I pick up Saniya from "dagis", or daycare, early and we do something together for the afternoon.

Rowan going for a swim with Saniya's goggles that she got for her birthday. Rowan has chicken pox on his face. Such a beautiful little frog!



Hanging out by the lake last weekend. It was a beautiful day and we biked into the park and played by, with and in the water.

Stockholm subway or "tunnelbana", in Swedish.

Two kids on that subway...

Rowan outside at Odenplan, the subway station near our house. We were waiting for the bus.

Ahhh, and the bus to go to our house. Oh, our house is in the background... the big tower?!

Ok, back at home again, hanging out.

I think Saniya looks so beautiful in this picture. This is the same day that we went ice skating.

So, that is the last couple of weeks for us. We are off to Tallinn, Estonia on a ship tomorrow. Should be a hoot. We will fill you in on the flip side of that escapade!

Again Happy Easter...hop, hop, hop....

Yasmiene

2 Comments:

Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

OMG!! The kids look so big...I am tearing up. Miss you guys! Have a super great time in Estonia--I just spoke with my Estonian friend yesterday and I got all nostalgic for our trip. I will be thinking of you guys!

5:27 PM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

OMG!! The kids look so big...I am tearing up. Miss you guys! Have a super great time in Estonia--I just spoke with my Estonian friend yesterday and I got all nostalgic for our trip. I will be thinking of you guys!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home