Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mini Update

Just to clarify. When Rob spoke of 2000 Kronor for a TV tax that is about $300.

So, just to what we have been up to....

Rob and I both begin language classes next week. They seem pretty intensive in that they are twice per week for three hours each session. We will go alternate nights from 6-9 pm and see each other on Fridays. I feel like we are back in the routine of our first year with Saniya when we were both working and trading off our time at home. Memories. It will be a challenge, but we are both excited to learn and feeling it is time to dive into this aspect of Swedish life.

Saniya is adjusting to school. She likes going, but is struggling with the language barrier as well. It is hard for her to connect with the other kids because she does not know what they are saying. We are hoping it will get better in the next few months as she learns more and Rob and I learn and can work with her on it as well.

Rowan is a tireless toddler. He is just so cute, and exhausting all in one. I am considering an open school for him to begin maybe in the Spring. I don't think I am ready to send him off to daycare on his own. We'll see. Things may change, but the thought of my going with him is more appealing right now. Open school is where you go a few times a week, but the parents stay with their child. Leaving him in daycare is better for him to learn Swedish, so we will see. No decisions.

Another thing I was contemplating the other day was around the serious effect of pregnancy. I thought I would mention it to all of you pregnant and new moms out there. I feel like I am just now getting back to my pre-pregnancy self. I think it takes about a year after giving birth to really feel like yourself again. I know that we all feel better after the baby is out and then progressively better as the months continue. But, really to physically and emotionally get completely back to normal and feel fully functional and rational all the time. Ok, no one is always rational, but pre-pregnancy amount of rational. I remember feeling the same way after Saniya and then now with Rowan. I think it is about a year. Amazing to give the 9 months of pregnancy and then another year after to all the freakiness and extremes. So, hang in there. It does get back to normal.

Missing you all,

Yasmiene

1 Comments:

Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

what a good friend you are....giving all of us hope that there is a normal to return to. I am excited for you all to be learning a new language, sort of jealous, but then I think of all of the pressure to use the new language and to understand is such a challenge. You guys will do it...I bet you (yaz) will even make a friend in the coming month or so. It is going to be great and you will be very happy.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home