Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hej, hej... Lucia, darkness, sickness and jobs.. that is about everything

It is now the darkest time of the year. It was completely dark when I went to get Rowan yesterday at 2:45. Also, it has just become light when I take them at 9:00. Amazing. It does feel cozy. I have had one kid home sick for what feels like forever. Last week Rowan was home all week. This week Saniya has been home for that last two days.
St. Lucia Day is tomorrow. It should be fun. We will go to Rowan's class for singing and gingerbread cookies that the kids made. Rowan will be dressed as a Santa (Jul Tomten). After seeing Rowan we go to Saniya's and do the same, but in a big kid way. Saniya is a gingerbread person (pepparkakor). There is a parade of light through downtown Stockholm around 5:00 that ends at Skansen (the outdoor living history museum) and then there are traditional events there for the evening. I must say the Swedes know how to embrace the darkness. We will fill you in and take pics to post this weekend. Here is some info on Lucia, in general:

http://www.sweden.se/templates/cs/CommonPage____11421.aspx

On he Rob front, sounds like the interviews were good and is considering both. He is also applying to a few more positions. It is all pretty overwhelming.

Ok, we'll check in post Lucia.
Yasmiene

1 Comments:

Blogger the madscientist said...

Hi guys, sounds like you're having fun in the dark. Awesome news on the job front, congrats on getting the interviews Rob. My preference is for London cos we might be in Norwich. My grant is recommended for funding, yay!! Will find out for sure soon. Also, Jason and I are getting married on Dec 22. I'm very excited, way more than I thought I would be. Simple ceremony at the house, with a few friends and a web cam for the Aussie parents. Should be fun.

Take care.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home