Friday, May 30, 2008

Last of the Last

Today is the last day of daycare for Saniya and Rowan, and the last day of work for Rob. I sit here and keep thinking, ahhh this is the last few hours of quiet for me for the next few months. There will be constant activity and noise from now on. So, I sit here in my quiet and cherish the silence. Rob is still working away. Although it is his last day of work, he will work this weekend on his paper. He is excited about it. I am not. I am ready to have a co-parent and partner back to share life. The kids will have a party at school to say goodbye. Saniya is feeling festive and happy. She has two friends coming over after school to play in the wading pool by our house. So, it does not feel like a sad day for them, at least. I am thankful Saniya's personality is so mellow and even. She does not really dramatize issues or change. She will say how she feels and can move in or out of a mood easily. I wish I were more like her in this way. Rowan is more dramatic but we will see if it his age or his personality as he matures. Here are some photos from when I dropped them off this morning:

Affe is the giraffe on Saniya's head. Each child gets to take him home on the weekend and then we write about all of the events that occur with our family. Then on Monday, they tell the class about "Affe's weekend".

Saniya with Asa, her favorite teacher.


Saniya with Sophie and Michael. Sophie was Saniya's teacher last year and part of this year. Michael is one of her favorite friends and will be one of the kids to come and play today after school.


This is Max and Saniya. I found out the other day they are kind of "in love" with each other. Who would have thought....

Rowan was not cooperating for photos. I will try later today with his friends and teachers.

1 Comments:

Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

WOW, I thought that Rob was going to be working through the month of June... Exciting times. Saniya looks so cute with her friends. We are excited to see you...when that day comes!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home