Saturday, August 19, 2006

Let me do it!

Or should I say, "Le'mmee do it!!!!!!". The essence of being three. Is it that exciting to put toothpaste on a toothbrush, push the elevator button, or put sunscreen on your face? Simple enough questions, but complicated answers. As I ponder these things, because I have so much time to ponder, I know these are the ways Saniya is learning to interact with herself and the world. But, really do we need to hear that phrase 500 times a day? The irony is that when you want her to do it herself, then Saniya says, "I caaaaan't do it", "I don't know how" or the ever special, "I neeeeed help, it's toooooo hard". When did the same activity become sooooo hard?

Anyways, life is good in our small abode. It is definitely a loooong week. But, we go out a lot and are making the best of it. I go on long walks with Saniya and Rowan during the day and then we go on another walk and get dinner with Rob when he finishes work. Around the island (of Sodermalm) and pretty much all the islands in Stockholm, there are walking paths along the water. Also, there is a Cultural Festival this week so we have been downtown to listen to music.

This area that we are in there are actually homeless and vagrants. It is interesting to see and good to know this isn't a utopia, just another place in the world with the same stuff going on.

We were thinking there would be no internet here, but there is so I am blogging it again. At least for this week and next week.

Hope all are doing well.

Yaz

6 Comments:

Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

I miss miss you guys!

I think that three is just what it is, you love it and hate it. They are so cute and try to be "old", but then they whine and whine and fuss and DRAMA! (yes, I think that it is a verb for threes)

I did hang out with a boy today that was way whinier than mine, so yeah! (right? I still had to hear it!)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Yaz and Rob said...

Ahh, DRAMA is the word for it. The downstairs neighbor came and complained at the noise and I have to say I am not surprised. Being three in a small hotel room type of apt is not really working well. We are here so much more than we would be, because Rowan is such a babe. Well, that is about it on this front. Let's see if skype works this weekend from this place!

Yaz

9:00 PM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

ok, I will try....sorry about the close quarters...what can you do?

Just try and get through.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy...I am sure having trouble staying in touch with you four. I put "swedish meatballs" on my favorite list and then of course I hit it and it looks like nothing has been posted...DUH...I have to refresh to get updated! With the availability of computers these days you'd think I'd be more literate! We have a video camera and a pretty new computer...I imagine we should be able to hook up with Skype...I'll have to ask Tim. We really miss you guys! Ian has a world atlas and he shows people where Saniya lives..."sweden". When we walked by your old neighbors house yesterday (the one with the tile post outside) he told Tim "saniya lives in Sweden."

It sounds like you could use a baby sitter yasmiene....I wish I could trade you places for a few days (and I'd even take Ian with me).

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously I still don't understand this whole blogger thing...that last comment was obviously from me...Erin

5:48 AM  
Blogger Yaz and Rob said...

Great to hear from you Erin! We miss you too. In general, we are good, it is just the perils of moving to a new country where you don't know anything....ahhh, Rob and I have discussed that we think we take the hard route in life. It is rewarding, but definitely not easy. We are excited to go to the little house. It is in the woods on an island in the archipelago.

Yaz

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home